It’s a Miniature Halloween Garden Facebook Contest !
UPDATE: Unfortunately we had to stop doing this annual contest. Whenever we tried to enforce the simple and basic contest rules, those contestants got really angry at us! It wasn’t fun anymore, so we stopped doing it. :o/
~ The last miniature garden contest was such fun, we decided to do it again for Halloween! Do join us, there are two chances to win a $40 Gift Certificate to our online store. Here are the details:
~> WIN a $40 Gift Certificate* for our online store!
~> ALL entries will get a 15% discount coupon to use on your next order+*!
~> TWO categories: Container gardens or in-ground gardens.
Join us and over
1200 15,000+ miniature gardeners on the Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Facebook fan page for a Miniature Halloween Garden Contest and win a $40 Gift Certificate for our online store!
With Facebook, you can upload your photos quickly and easily. Just click the Share: Photo link above the comment box and follow the directions.
Contest Rules and How to Enter:
1. There must be at least THREE items bought from Two Green Thumbs’ online store included in the miniature garden photo. It can be an accessory, a plant, patio material or any combination. All entries will be verified.
2. Post the photo here on this event page. (You may have to log in first.) Find it via the left-hand menu on Two Green Thumbs Facebook fanpage. Title the photo: “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center.” So I know it is an official entry!
3. Your miniature garden contest entry must be a living miniature garden. No artificial plants allowed. It can be any size.
Container gardens and in-ground will be judged separately. There will be two first-place winners, one in each category. Only one People’s Choice award will be given out.
4. You can post up to three entries per person. Only one discount code per person will be issued.
5. Contest Ends at 12 noon, Pacific Time, Saturday, October 29th, 2011.
6. Winner will be announced Saturday afternoon, October 29th on Facebook, and posted in November’s newsletter, Tweeted, blogged and generally be the focus of much hoopla and merriment. The winner will be notified by phone &/or email. The winner is not eligible for the entrant discount.
7. +All entries will be sent a 15% off coupon valid through to November 30, 2011. Only one discount code per person. All entrants will receive their 15% discount coupon on Saturday, October 29th, 2011 via Facebook messaging.
8. *Shipping costs are not included in any of the discounts, offers or gift certificates offered here.
9. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer.
Judging Criteria / Breakdown
20% – The type of plants used. Whether they are true miniature or dwarfs instead of young perennial starts.
20% – How the scale of all the components, accessories and plants match and if they are in scale with each other.
20% – Miniature garden design, there are points for being cleverly creative!
20% – Realistic miniature patio or pathway.
20% – How well the Halloween theme in incorporated into the over all design.
~> Each entry will be scored on a scale from 1 to 20, all five scores will be added up, the highest score wins.
There are TWO categories this time: container gardens and in-ground miniature gardens.
Bonus People’s Choice Award:
Vote with your “likes” and comments on Facebook to choose who gets the People’s Choice award. The winner receives a 25% off coupon for the online store valid until November 30, 2011. Tell your friends! Tell your neighbors! Don’t just sit there! Get started here! ;o)
UPDATE: Unfortunately we had to stop doing this annual contest. Whenever we tried to enforce the simple and basic contest rules, those contestants got really angry at us. It wasn’t fun anymore, so we stopped doing it. :o/